Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite Things...Part Two (Baby Addition)

Back in November I wrote about some favorite baby things of mine here.  Well...
here are some even more favorite things baby!





Kicky Pants (click here to see)

I love Kicky Pants

I first fell in love with Kicky Pants clothing when I purchased Caleb his very first Kicky Pants "Footies with Paws"  outfit before he was born (click to see the actual outfit and how very cute it is here).  Kicky Pants is made of Bamboo, which is eco-friendly and also naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antistatic (for an antibadstuff-loving-mommy like me, this is a BIG draw!)  Bamboo clothing stays cooler in hot weather and warmer in cold...that is amazing to me!  Plus, they are just plain cozy and oh so soft.

Kicky Pants is owned by loving parents...and their products are amazing.  I just can't get enough or say enough good stuff about them!  Actually, if you check them out...you'll see and feel for yourself!

Caleb is wearing Kicky Pants right now.



Next up...

Haba Toys

Caleb chews on everything.  He likes to taste and see all that is.  I wasn't really a fan of my baby chewing on plastic all day, so I decided to choose some wooden toys made with safe things (not all plastic is unsafe, I know this).  Haba was recommended to me, and we have loved what we have found so far!

We chose from the very large collection of toys...



The stacker, Caleb loves this.

We also have this little house with the little people pictured below.
Caleb adores this toy!  It is by far one of his most treasured toys.
We also have a ball, a teether and another little friend from Haba.




Hi Haba friends!
We did name our Haba friends German names, because, well ...they are made in Germany!


Babywearing


One favorite thing of mine is wearing my baby, and Caleb loves it too!
 I am sad that soon I will have to trade in my favorite sling from Kangaroo Korner for a different type of baby carrier as Caleb grows to be over 25 lbs.  We have also loved the Peanut Shell sling and Baby K-Tan sling.  I plan on wearing Caleb well into his toddler years :) 


The Vaccine Book
By Dr Robert W. Sears



I'm not going to say much about this, other than it really helped (and still is helping) Cole and I  make our decisions for Caleb's vaccinations.  We have read it many times... very carefully.  I appreciate Dr Robert W. Sears for his courage and for taking the time to write a book which provides information for parents to make choices for their children's vaccinations.  This book is truly unbiased and very helpful.  Though we did not follow Dr Bob's schedule exactly, we did use the information provided in this book (along with other research Cole and I did on our own) to make our decisions for our child. 

We have several other books by the Dr Sears family and enjoy our colorful parenting library we have started!


No comments: